Mock Test Of Grammar class 11th

CLASS X-XI – ENGLISH CORE

INTEGRATED GRAMMAR MOCK TEST

Direct & Indirect Speech • Active & Passive Voice • Clauses


SECTION A – DIRECT & INDIRECT SPEECH

Q1. Change the following sentences into Indirect Speech.

(5 × 1 = 5 Marks)

1.Riya said, “I am preparing for my examination.”

2.The teacher said to the students, “Work hard.”

3.Rahul said, “I have completed my homework.”

4.Mother said to me, “Do not waste your time.”

5.He said to me, “Where are you going?”

SECTION B – ACTIVE & PASSIVE VOICE

Q2. Change the following sentences into Passive Voice.

(5 × 1 = 5 Marks)

1.The students completed the project.

2.She writes a letter every week.

3.The teacher is explaining the lesson.

4.They will organize a cultural programme.

5.Someone has stolen my bag.


SECTION C – CLAUSES

Q3. Identify the type of the underlined clause.

(5 × 1 = 5 Marks)

1.I know that he is honest.

2.When the rain stopped, we went outside.

3.The boy who won the race is my brother.

4.I will help you if you need me.

5.She worked hard because she wanted to succeed.


SECTION D – CLAUSE TRANSFORMATION

Q4. Combine the following sentences using the type of clause indicated in brackets.

(5 × 1 = 5 Marks)

1.He is a talented boy. He won the competition.

(Use a Relative Clause)

2.I know the fact. He is innocent.

(Use a Noun Clause)

3.It was raining heavily. We stayed at home.

(Use an Adverb Clause)

4.She missed the bus. She reached school late.

(Use an Adverb Clause)

5.The girl is my sister. She is wearing a blue dress.

(Use a Relative Clause)









ANSWER KEY

Q1. Direct & Indirect Speech

Riya said that she was preparing for her examination.

The teacher advised the students to work hard.

Rahul said that he had completed his homework.

Mother advised me not to waste my time.

He asked me where I was going.


Q2. Active & Passive Voice

The project was completed by the students.

A letter is written by her every week.

The lesson is being explained by the teacher.

A cultural programme will be organized by them.

My bag has been stolen.


Q3. Types of Clauses

Noun Clause

Adverb Clause

Adjective/Relative Clause

Adverb Clause

Adverb Clause


Q4. Clause Transformation

He is a talented boy who won the competition.

I know that he is innocent.

As it was raining heavily, we stayed at home.

Because she missed the bus, she reached school late.

The girl who is wearing a blue dress is my sister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Important Links -12th English

Important Links 11th Eng Question And Answer

ASL ASSESSMENT OF SPEAKING AND LISTENING 20 MARKS PROJECT FILE